Oleeva Silicone Sheet: Does Oleeva work?
Oleeva Silicone Sheet Review
The main ingredient of this product is silicone, which has been shown to be effective in almost every case for scar reduction. However, there may be other products that are better suited for scar treatment based on the many difficulties with using Oleeva Silicone Sheets.
It has been shown in many different studies in the last few decades that silicone is effective for reducing the appearance of scars, especially Keloid and hypertrophic scarring. There are a few different ways that you can use silicone to give you the results you want. Other than sheets, there are also silicone gels and even sprays. There is not enough research on the sprays to say one way or the other. But research has indicated that the results of the sheets and the silicone gels are very similar in the results, though patients found the sheets more difficult to use.
- Supplies direct pressure to the scar, which can be beneficial in certain cases, such as with burn scars.
- Contains Silicone, similar to Prefer On & Rejuvasil
- Some people report that the strips are not long enough to cover the scar the strip is intended for use with
- Possibility of irritation from the adhesive material used
- Even the clear sheets can still be seen when not covered by clothing
- Must be cleaned daily
- Must buy solution to wash it in
Oleeva Silicone Sheet Sizes
They come in a variety of sizes made for all different surgeries and wounds
The Verdict on Oleeva Silicone Sheet
Even though Oleeva Silicone Sheet effectiveness has been demonstrated in some cases, there are still some drawbacks that can be very undesirable. There is daily cleaning, easy visibility and even possibilities for irritation of the skin. Silicone gels have been developed to give the same results without all the difficulties the silicone sheets have.
How does Oleeva Silicone Sheet compare?
Click here to view top rated scar treatments